Thursday, October 02, 2008

Sous Chef for a Day

That's me!
Jeremy's all-time favorite cookie is peanut butter. O and I decided (a couple of weeks ago--wow, his hair has grown fast!) to whip some up to top off our dinner.

Because the recipe was all in pictures (skipped the from-scratch version this time!), I let O be the boss of the kitchen. And I? I was the sous chef. I had fun fetching and cleaning up, doing O's bidding.

O has cracked many an egg before. I have total faith in his egg-cracking ability. He also is learning to separate eggs, which we have done quite a bit recently. So when he questioned, "Do I put the white part in too?" I assumed he meant the egg white.

Funny Boy. We went fishing for egg shell! No harm done.

This Chef loves to cook!

It's got to have a bit of chocolate!

Decorating the cookies with trademark criss crosses.

Daddy and O enjoy the fruit of O's labor. He did such a great job!!

1 comment:

Chrys and Mike said...

laughing that he put the shell in. cutie. oliver has done that before. but i do NOT have confidence in o's egg cracking ability. he needs to take some cooking lessons from owen. as a matter of fact, i might need to as well!

chrys