Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Not a Baby

No, Owie. You are definitely not a baby anymore. You seem more grown up every day. How ironic, that on your 45 month birthday (in other words, way too close to FOUR for Mommy's comfort!) your AWANAs assignment was to list a few ways in which you are different from a baby.

Here are your answers, in your own words:
1. I am funny now. Babies are not as funny as me by-cuz I am bigger.
2. I don't sleep in a crib like No-nos.
3. I don't get to suck a paci anymore. (He's still bitter over that one!)
4. I don't need as many naps as babies...like in the morning.
5. I am not a baby by-cuz look how tall I am (stretching every inch of his height). I don't look like a baby!
6. I can't cry in me bed by-cuz it will wake up Noah.

I so love the Big Boy you are growing up to be, O. Quiet and fun-loving, shy yet eager to be in on the action, mostly compliant with just enough will thrown in to keep me on my toes. What a wonderful Boy God has entrusted me with. May I always be a faithful in training you up.

3 comments:

Deann Black said...

The paci comment makes me laugh and by the way O, I have heard you cry in your bed several times lately. You guys are still getting so big and we love to watch every minute of it:)

Kara said...

I don't even know him personally and I love him! How can you not?! Just a precious precious boy. Thanks for sharing a piece of him with us!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Honey remembers when Rachel & DeAnn were placing bets as to who was going to be born first....Owen or the twins!!!! Well, we all know Owen won that round (against better wishes!). Babies, babies....we need more babies (hint, hint!).