Tuesday, October 21, 2008

22 Months is Rough

See this picture of my beloved younger Son? The Boy who has a will of iron and the fake cry down pat? I experience this a whole lot these days. We are suffering through some pretty trying times around here, as his second birthday rapidly approaches. Fits, screams of rage, bouts of rebellion, temper tantrums, whining, drama, major disobedience...we have it all on a daily basis. I am ready to pull my hair out! Never has being consistent been so difficult, but I'd much rather nip it in the bud now than when he is older. Thankfully, between naughtiness, Nosy remains delightful, freely passing out yummy hugs and sunshiny smiles.

See? He's not all orneriness! There's that winning smile of his!

And after an unbelievably long stand-off this week over manners (or lack there of), Noah is one of the politest kids I know. He even learned to say please ("Peez") this week and does so spontaneously to ask for what he wants (to replace signing the word). Speaking of verbal skills, his vocabulary has taken off this past month. I estimate that he is still a little behind what our pediatrician would like, but for one of my kids, he is a verbal genius! I love hearing his happy little voice labeling toys and food items. He has the most positive, cheerful "Yeah!" you'll ever hear!

No-nos is never one to be left behind.

And when O and I are working on school, he loves to join right in. He's got pretty impressive crafting skills!

Milk and cookies for my men.

I think dealing with so many fits is killing off my brain cells, sucking all intelligence and creativity right out of me. I will just leave you with this video of the best sound in the whole world: joyful squeals of laughter from my two favorite Boys.

(I have no idea why the video is sideways, but at least it posted this time!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, nosy. you are loved.

precious boy.

chrys

Jenna M said...

Rachel,
Noah sounds alot like Elias...right down to learning to say please (he did last week when cousin Addie was visiting). You always capture great shots of your boys, I feel like I know them.
Jenna

Colleen said...

I too had a one hour standoff because Little E did not want to say please for juice this week. He knows how to say it, just wanted to test Mommy and thought if he screamed long and hard enough it might work. I hear you sister - this is a hard age! Hang in there, you are doing an awesome job.He is a love bug but we are definitely approaching the "terrible twos" - hold on for the ride.. :-)

Deann Black said...

You will survive...you are an awesome mommy and friend!

cheryl said...

Keep hanging in there Rach.
Noah couldn't have a better mommy to help guide him in the way he should go! ;o)
LOVE the video of the giggles!