Saturday, October 04, 2008

Batter Up!

Saturday morning was crisp and cool, sunny and bright...perfect weather to cheer for Clayton at his T-ball game. The Boys were super excited to see their "friend cousin" (as O fondly refers to all of his cousins) in all his glory.
Clayton did not disappoint his fans, getting to base three times and scoring two runs. (I am not allowed to refer to them as "points." I was politely corrected amidst manly chuckles. How was I to know?)

Number 5 is ready to spring into action.


Bringing it home to roaring applause.


Batting practice with Dad between innings. Check out that form!

So how did my Guys enjoy the game?

Aside from a sweet snuggle time with Papa, Nosy spent almost the entire game at the fence, face pressed against chain link, getting as close to the game as possible.

At one point, he ventured close enough to sneak a hand inside the dugout. He just wanted to stroke a helmet, see what real baseball gear feels like. I think it's called "sporting equipment envy." Do I have a future ball player on my hands? I think I do!

Owie really had fun watching Clayton and cheering for him,

but after a bit, he tired of the game...

...choosing instead to play on the bleachers

and dig in the really great baseball field sand.

There was no shortage of high fives when Clayton's team tied with their opponent. O was so proud of his cousin (as were we all!).

Thanks for letting us see you in action, Clayton! Love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. I'm sorry I missed the game.