Monday, October 06, 2008

Cupcakes from Yaya

Today was my Happy Half Birthday.
Since this is not a widely recognized holiday, it slips away mostly unnoticed...except by my Mom, an enthusiastic happy half birthday celebrator. She always remembers, and surprises me in the sweetest little ways, different every year. This year she dropped off delectable goodies from the Central Market bakery! My mouth is watering just typing about it.

For me: a hearty slice of scrumptious carrot cake slathered with rich cream cheese frosting. You had better believe I polished off every last crumb of yumminess!

She came bearing treats for the Boys, too! Chocolate cupcakes topped with blue footballs. "Hutt, hutt! Hutt, hutt!" Noah hollered until I let him taste his.

Owie devoured his cupcake without dropping a morsel, and, after licking his fingers, did not even require a napkin.

He even licked his cupcake liner clean. Such a neat Boy!

Check out Baby Bro, who approached his cupcake with a whole different eating strategy: cramming the entire cupcake in his mouth at once.

It seemed to work for him!

He even tried to eat the plastic container! We headed straight to the tub after he was through!

Thank you, Mom, for making my day extra special!! Love you!

4 comments:

Erica said...

happy half birthday!

cheryl said...

Happy half b-day! ;o)

Chrys and Mike said...

hap bir 2 u!

Deann Black said...

I don't think I have every seen a child lick the liner...that makes me laugh and I needed that:) Happy half birthday friend!