Sunday, July 27, 2008

Please Pass the Popcorn!

Sunday evening, all four of us donned pj's at a ridiculously early hour and hopped into our bed for our very first Family Movie Night. It was so much fun! We cozied up on our fluffy pillows (as cozy as you can get when it's 105 degrees outside!), nibbled on kettle corn and fruit snacks and thoroughly enjoyed the show!
Daddy's jokes helped pass the time during the previews.

We tuned in to "101 Dalmatians," which someone accidentally left up at church on Sunday. (So whoever is missing their copy, it found its way home with us and we will happily return it!) Strangely enough, I was the only one who had seen the movie before. Owie was appropriately creeped out by Cruella, and I was a bit creeped out by all the "idiots" and insults that were tossed around. And do you know the name of Cruella's residence? "Hell Hall!" (I feel weird even typing that!) Can they say stuff like that in a rated "G" movie?! Hopefully most of it went over O's head, but I was more than a little disappointed. Anyway, I'll jump off my soapbox....

The Boys loved all the roly-poly spotted puppies, and everyone was nice and relaxed for bed. What a great ending to our weekend!

2 comments:

Erica said...

That is our movie. I had forgotten about how non-G rated it was.

Sarah said...

How fun Rachel! We tried to do a movie night here but Amelia isn't really into TV yet...I may try it with more snacks. Maybe that is the key! :)