Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Wet and Wild

With super-hot temps upon us, the Boys and I have been seeking out wet and wild activities to burn off some steam.

On a quest to find a great place to host The Springs playgroup, my friend Katy and I headed out to Celebration Park in Allen. How could I have lived so close to this amazing place without ever knowing it? It was incredible, with both splash areas and a huge climbing/sliding structure. The Boys and I could hardly wait to start playing!


O spent the majority of his time flying this jet plane. Heading somewhere cooler maybe?

Nosy couldn't get enough of the tunnels and slides. Sadly, neither one of the boys enjoyed the water very much. They would splash just enough to get cooled off before they were off and running again in the play area. I was one sweaty Mama by the time we left!!

Travis was the bravest boy of our bunch!

Slide races are always a winner!

Verdict: LOVED Celebration Park, just wish my kids would play in the water. We'll try again, and I definitely will put this on my list of fave parks for cooler weather!!


One day after O's library class, we met my Dad at Terrace Pool, an old favorite.

Owie had so much fun swimming with my Dad, AKA Safari Jon.

Funny thing about No-nos:
Everywhere we go lately, he picks up a chick! He has great taste, as you can see. I like to think he chose this cutie because I happen to have a swimsuit very similar, sans the ruffles (somehow extra bulk only looks adorable on very tiny girls!). More than likely, it was the dimply thighs that seemed familiar (another thing that only looks precious on very tiny girls!) Maybe he thought it was mini me? Boys do gravitate towards girls like their moms, I've been told!

Picnic time!


Endlessly patient Gramps, towed O all over the pool with this noodle.

So, here's to surviving the summer by getting a lot wet and a little wild!

2 comments:

Chrys and Mike said...

we want to go to celebration park with you! when can you go??

chrys

Colleen said...

That place is GREAT, isn't it!!?? I wish it was not over 30 miles from our house! We would love to join you sometime though.