Friday, July 18, 2008

Just Add Water

I have an announcement to make:
My Boy can swim!

It's utterly unbelievable after the fit-throwing two weeks of swimming lessons we have had.

What made the change?
One word: goggles.
Who would have thunk it?

Today was jumping off the diving board day. Knew that would never happen, so Owie and I settled in on the steps to play. That's when he spotted them: a pair of orphaned goggles lying on the side of the pool.

I adjusted them to fit his head and persuaded him to put just his eyes under the water to take a peek. He was amazed at what he could see.

Brace yourselves for the next words out of his mouth: "May I go under when I swim?" Are you kidding me?! Of course you may! O proceeded to spend the next 3o minutes under the water, like a little fishie, swimming to and from the steps, jumping in. I could not believe my Boy!

I had to drag him out of the water when class was over.

So tonight, we headed to Walmart to hunt for our own goggles, and we have big plans to hit a pool this weekend. Swimming fun, here we come!

I am so proud of you, Owen!

3 comments:

Chrys and Mike said...

oh wow! who knew???

way to go, o!

chrys

cheryl said...

Yay O! Way to go!
That's awesome.

Libby said...

Yay for O! And yay for you! Evidence of what perseverance brings...(and some goggles)!