Monday, July 07, 2008

Sink or Swim

O started swimming lessons today!
Or should I say, O and I started swimming lessons?

We are in a Mommy and Me swim class for the next two weeks. I do not have super high expectations for several reasons. Number one, the class was cheap, I mean super cheap. Almost too cheap to be any good. Number two, O has not been too keen on swimming this year. He has definitely regressed from last year and no longer likes to put his face under or jump to us. All I hope for is that Owie and I have a great time together, just the two of us at the pool.

Ready for the first day!

We survived...and actually had a great time! (No great pics. Do you know how hard it is to take pics of yourselves in the pool? It wasn't happening.) Today's goal: Get comfortable in the water. I think we did that. O actually went under once and jumped to me a couple of times. Go O!

I brought him some Smarties for after the lesson. Do all swim instructors pass out Smarties after a job well done, or was that just my childhood swim teacher? Either way, Smarties and swimming lessons go hand-in-hand in my mind. He was thrilled with the treat!

5 comments:

Chrys and Mike said...

fun! keep the updates coming!

chrys

cheryl said...

Y'all have been up to all kinds of fun in the sun lately. I enjoyed all the great posts. :o)

Erica said...

you are a blogging machine

Libby said...

It is such a treat to watch the boys grow and experience life. Thank you for sharing them with us! Also, I'm so glad you aren't too worried about Noah. For the training I've had, he is FAR from autistic! He'll use those words more in his own time. You're such a great mama.

Colleen said...

yup. Hayden gets the Smartees too from his teacher. I had no idea this was a "swim thing".