Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Survivors!

We made it through the night paci-less! It was 100 times easier than I feared, especially considering his die hard love for paci. He cried some and bargained quite a bit, stayed up way too late, but all in all, it just wasn't that bad. He finally drifted into dreamland around 10:30.

When he woke up around 5am, I was worried he would not go back to bed. But after a quick trip to the potty, he settled right back down for another hour or so. GOOD BOY!!

Our next hurdle: nap time. I have heard of too many kiddos giving up naps when they give up the paci. We'll see how that goes.

Thank you, again, for all your prayer and encouragement through this! What wonderful friends I have been blessed with!

3 comments:

Erica said...

I am soooooo glad. I knew he could do it!! I hope nap time goes well.

Kimberly said...

ours was easier than I feared as well. Even if he doesn't want to sleep I would enforce staying in his bed and maybe he'll do fine. I was surprised that Luke did as well as he did! I'm sure Owen's uncle will be proud. . .

cheryl said...

Woo Hoo!!!
Praying for nap time and an even better night. ;o)