Monday, July 21, 2008

Passing the Paci

Well,it's a done deal.

The paci has been officially passed.

I asked Owie if he'd like to trade his pacis for an ice cream cone or a toy from the store to help ease the sacrifice. He declined. "I will give them to Nosy," he decided. And so, after our bedtime ritual, he handed them right over to Noah, surprisingly easily.

We prayed about it together, and O's words were so vulnerable and simple:
"Jesus, thank you for being by me and helping me not to scream and cry about my paci. Thank you for helping me be to be sleeping without it." Amazing how he prays with such expectation, thanking God ahead of time as if He has already answered his prayer. Oh, the awesome faith of a child!

Noah was very pleased with his inheritance!

Since the passing, however, there has been some screaming, crying, and pleading ("I meant No-nos could have them for one minute, Mommy, then give them back!" and "I DON'T WANT TO BE A BIG BOY" seem to be recurring themes.), although not quite as much as I expected.

I have lots of pictures to catalogue and chores around the house to keep my mind and body busy while he works through this. Thank you for all your prayers and sweet words of encouragement! See ya' on the other side!

5 comments:

Deann Black said...

I love how he just handed them off like no big deal. I remember when we took them away from Connor...within two days all the crying stopped! Hopefully, that is something to look forward to.
DeAnn

Erica said...

This will all be of the past in such a short, short time.

Jenna M said...

We will be doing the same thing with Elias when we get back from vacation...dr's orders! Not looking forward to it but hopefully he can use Owen as an example!:)

Chrys and Mike said...

oh, so, so sweet. really. i want to hug owen and tell him what a big boy he is.

hope you are all resting tonight!

chrys

cheryl said...

Such a big boy O! I know it's hard but keeping hanging in there.
Praying for not too many sleepless nights for everyone's sake!