Saturday, March 22, 2008

Botched


Do you notice anything different about my Nosy?


Let me give you a hint:
It's the hair. There is a story behind this way-too-big-boy hair cut.


It was Saturday night, Easter Eve. I had the boys in the tub, getting squeaky clean for Easter. Owie had just gotten a great hair cut from Daddy, one of his best. Noah was getting a little scraggly again. I loved the little curls along his neck line, but the shagginess above his ears was bothering me. I had given him a trim before in the tub, so I thought, why not clean him up for Easter. I grabbed the scissors and a comb and set to work.

I am not sure what changed between the last trim and this one, but that crazy Boy was all over the tub, actually diving to get away from me! Let me tell you, snatching snippets of hair off a small, dodging Boy leads to no good! It was the worst haircut I have ever seen! Big holes of hair missing, scalp actually showing through. I was hoping Jeremy wouldn't notice.

Eventually I got Scooter out of the tub, dried him off, and left him to run out to where Daddy was. By the reaction I heard coming from the living room, I can deduce that Jeremy did in fact notice the missing hair. But Super Daddy to the rescue! He grabbed his clippers and his tiniest guard, and while I held a squirmy No-nos, all the irreplaceable baby hair fell to the floor around me, curls and all. Jeremy did a terrific job repairing the damage I had done. The holes are no longer noticeable at all. However, my sweet toddler can no longer be called a baby, with such a grown up "do." He looks so mature now...and according to Jeremy there is no going back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachel,
I laughed out loud reading this post. I had a very recent similar nightmare haircut story for E but fortunately I was not the one cutting the hair. The second we sat him in the chair he started screaming and thrashing with all his might. I literally had to hold him, or should I say, pin him against my chest as the poor girl quickly grabbed a snip here and there to avoid imminent stabbing. I left literally dripping with sweat and profuse apologies to everyone in the salon. Little E's hair doesn't look much different than when we went in. As far as he was concerned, mission accomplished.