Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Live It Out

This morning I was searching for a particular verse in my Bible. I had begun the hunt before the kids got up and I still couldn't find it. After I put Nosy down for his morning nap, I sat down with my Bible and my cereal to continue the hunt. Owie plopped down beside me.

"Is Jesus talking to you, Mommy?"


Brought tears to my eyes, just as it does right now writing about it.

His next words:
"I want to learn about Jesus too!"


I realized then that my kids probably don't see me read my Bible much. I usually spend time with God before they wake up or during nap time, mostly because that is when I have time to focus in the stillness. I should probably be setting a better example, let them see me reading the Word more often, live out my relationship with Christ in this tangible way.

And so, O and I spent the next little while reading Proverbs together (where I was hunting) and talking about what some of them meant. We also found our next verse to memorize and decorate:
Proverbs 15:3 "The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good."


By the way, I still haven't found the verse I was looking for. It's bugging me! I can't even remember any of the words exactly to do a search for it. I guess I'll just keep reading and eventually I'll come upon it.