Thursday, March 27, 2008

Antics

Nosy-Posy.
What are we going to do with you?
Here are just a few of your latest antics:

Today we had our first battle over fashion. FASHION? Yes, fashion. Noah has a pair of delightful, hand-me-down sandals. Sandal weather is upon us, so I put his sandals on him to go outside to play. He refused to stand up. I checked for sore spots or something poky. There was nothing. I set him up on his feet again. He went all limp and plopped back down on the floor, this time gesturing at his new Crocs. "They are too big, No-nos. You are going to wear these sandals today." The crying started as he was clinging to his Crocs for dear life, but I remained strong. He would wear these sandals! And wear them he finally did...until I discovered that he could walk out of them too easily and leave them behind on the sidewalk.


When I even subtly mention getting out of the bath tub, Scooter flops down flat on his tummy in the farthest possible corner of our rather large tub...and holds tight to his toothbrush as if it will save him from Mommy's reaching hands.


Today he signed, "All done milk." I love that he is putting words together!


Scooter also has said "Mam" repeatedly today when requiring my attention. Have I been renamed? I will answer to anything that sweet Baby wants to call me!

Another new development: When I call, "Come here, Noah!" the little stinker starts walking backwards to escape me. If I pursue him, he twirls around, teeters on one foot, and then runs the other direction, all done with the hugest grin imaginable!


Noah has a very important job to do...and he is all business about it. When I am doing laundry, he stands by the dryer and tosses the wet clothes in. And when the clothes are dry, he sticks his head in the dryer, fishes around for something he fancies, and then totes it out to be tossed upon Laundry Mountain to await being folded. What a good helper!


So back to our question:

Just what am I going to do with you?

All I can do is love you absolutely to pieces!!


No comments: