Thursday, January 10, 2008

Nosy Needs a Trim

Noah's baby hair was getting a little unruly: rather scraggly and uneven, especially at his neck and over his ears. With an appointment to have his one year pictures made looming on the horizon, I gathered my scissors and my trusty side-kick O to see what kind of job we could do trimming Scooter's hair.



Noah's "before" shot. His hair was not out of control, just a tad bit stringy.


While my back was turned, my sidekick got a little big for his britches! That's my job, Owie!

For O's first haircut, we ceremonially took him to Cool Cuts for Kids. It is a haircut experience centered around making it fun for kids...for a rather steep fee. If you pay a little extra, you get this cool "first haircut" certificate with the removed baby hair and a Polaroid. In order to save some money, I trimmed Nosy's hair while he splashed in the tub at home...for absolutely nothing. Feeling guilty that Noah did not receive the same treatment, I homemade this little sign and will attach a photo later. It is rather lame, I admit, but at least it is something to go in the baby book.



Here is an "after" shot. It doesn't look all that different from the "before" shot, just a bit neater around the edges. For all the wiggling he did while near my scissors, I am just glad to report that the Boy still has both his ears!

1 comment:

Chrys and Mike said...

you're so funny.

o needs haircuts constantly so i just do them in the bathtub, too. he's not going to know what to do when he gets a "real" haircut. someday.

chrys