Sunday, March 23, 2008

Brotherly Generosity

Sweet Owen. Sensitive, tender-hearted, sacrificial Owen.



Here are my Boys hunting eggs. Jeremy is helping No-nos, while Owen does a terrific job on his own. Soon we noticed a trend. Every second or third time O found an egg, he would head for Nosy's Easter basket and plop the egg right in. Jeremy and I didn't say anything, just observed this for a bit. Sure enough...quite a few of Owie's eggs were ending up in Scooter's basket. This continued until all the eggs were found and both kiddos had baskets that were full to the brim.

So now the much-anticipated time had come to discover what was hidden inside each egg: a single, pastel, delicious M&M. This is the next scene that played out:


As I took a few pictures, taking advantage of the fact that the Boys were sitting still with their candy, I noticed something through the lens of my camera. Owie would open an egg and then feed every other M&M to Noah, sharing half his candy with Baby Brother. Nosy was thrilled with this development!

Deuteronomy 15:10 "You shall generously give to him, and your heart shall not be grieved when you give to him, because for this thing the LORD your God will bless you in all your work and in all your undertakings. "

May I follow O's sweet example and be as generous with my time, belongings, affections...and my candy!

No comments: