Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Owie's Funnies: The Next Installment

Since my last post about O's funnies, he has stepped up the hilarity a notch!

Running towards me with a digital thermometer: "Mommy, let me put this mometer in your neck to see how big you are! You are 88 8!"

My sweet nephew Oliver had a bad tumble last weekend. On our way to the ER to be with the family, we were all praying aloud in the car. When it was O's turn, I could only make out a word here and there. I asked him to speak up. "I am praying so softly so only God can hear me."

Owen and I enjoyed a date to Sprouts where they were handing out samples of wine.
O: "Can I have a drink sample too?"
Me: "Sorry, O. It's grown up juice."
O: "You mean wine?"
???
When asked how he knew what wine was (I can't even remember the last time I had a glass at home), he reminded me of the Bible story of Jesus' first miracle: turning water into wine.

O and I were talking about his trip to 6 Flags. He wondered why I wasn't going with them. I explained that I was staying with Nosy. He replied, "We could get a bitter-sitter for No-nos!" That sitter surely would have been sitting a "bitter" if he'd been left behind!

While out driving, we passed a pack of motorcycle bikers. Owie asked if they still lived with their Mommies and Daddies.
Me: "They looked pretty big, O. They probably don't live at home anymore."
O: "How big are you when you don't live with Mommy and Daddy anymore?"
Wanting to postpone the move-out as long as possible, I told him 25.
O: "No, no. Sixty-eight. When you are 68 you don't need parents anymore...unless you are crabby. Then they send you to your room."

2 comments:

Chrys and Mike said...

what a HOOT!

love that rain pic!!!

chrys

Chrys and Mike said...

i still can't get over this pic - owen looks so OLD and grown up! wow.

chrys