Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Missing!

A few days ago, I put Noah down for his morning nap. Usually he chit-chats in his bed for awhile before dozing off. Occasionally, he fusses a bit. This day's nap began like any other...and then the shrieking began. I mean blood-curdling, completely panicked screaming. My first thought as I sprinted towards his room was, "Noah has attempted to scale his way out of his crib and is now on the brink of certain death.''

What did I find when I banged open Nosy's door? A completely hysterical toddler who had...manged to lose his left hand. Seriously. His hand had gotten sucked up into his pajama sleeve and was nowhere to be seen. The poor kid was beside himself. I could not help but have a good, hard laugh at my silly Guy.

The same thing happened at breakfast this morning, but since he realized his hand was not lost forever, he was a bit more successful at controlling his emotions. It was disturbing all the same.

Oh, how this Boy of mine keeps me laughing!

3 comments:

Casey said...

How cute! Avery (my daughter) lost her hand in her sleeve for the first time while I was driving alone, at night, across a 2.5 mile long bridge over the ocean heading to my inlaws. Nice. Needless to say....the hand did NOT get recovered until we had safely crossed the bridge! She was NOT happy about it!

Libby said...

Thank you for the laughs. I've needed them. I think this may be one of the longest weeks of my life to date! I really appreciate the funny stories and sense of normalcy. Wish you were her to have a cup of coffee too.

The Beautiful Cagle Family said...

i cant stop laughing!!! Too cute!