Friday, August 29, 2008

Bring on the Boys!

Wow, were we super excited at The House of Halpin! Oliver and Truett were coming over to play with us for the entire morning! Owie could hardly sleep the night before due to all the anticipation. I was pretty excited myself, a whole morning with a house full of happy, wonderful Boys to play with and love on. Here is how we entertained ourselves:


Noah's job was to ensure that Truett felt all of our love continuously. He did a very thorough job, hugging and hugging and hugging patient Truey.


After we played a bit, we all sat down in the kitchen for our lesson. We studied Genesis 1:1-5 about how God created light and separated it from the darkness, making day and night. The big Boys water colored, dark colors on one half of the page for night; brighter colors on the other half for daylight. Then we sprinkled our masterpieces with table salt, giving them a bit of texture. The Boys did so well, paying great attention and sharing paints and water cups willingly. It was such a sweet scene: kid's praise music from our CD player floating in from the next room, tiny Boys chit-chatting while little hands kept busy.


Baby T finger painted for the first time and made a wonderful picture all by himself!


Next, we headed to the playroom where all four Boys played tangrams. Together. Sharing and distributing them evenly. Without bickering or squabbling at all. I could hardly believe it! What wonderful playmates!

After awhile, Oliver skated on to other things.


And Truett conquered the honeybee.


Soon I suggested another organized activity: sunglasses decorating! Oliver wasn't sure if he wanted to participate. Listen in on the conversation:
Me: "Do you Boys want to do another craft?"
Owen: "YES!!"
Oliver: "No."
Owen: "If Oliver says a different word (meaning "no"), I will change my heart to a different word too, like Oliver."

Funny Boys. Oliver came around and was soon knee-deep in sunglasses decorating.

I didn't get any pictures of the actual decorating (I was way too busy peeling the paper backing off the foamies to shoot photos!), but the end results were super cute! What great Buddies!

Do you see what I see?

I learned a couple of things from our morning together.
Number one:
Chrys, you are doing a remarkable job raising two cooperative, polite, respectful boys. They were delightful! We are so blessed to call you friends. Thank you for entrusting your treasures to us!

Number two:
I think I was meant to have at least a dozen boys. I could not have enjoyed myself more! I am convinced it is my calling to raise babies, lots of babies, all gathered around my kitchen table.

3 comments:

cheryl said...

Adorable!
So any more boys on the way? ;o)
I guess we should plan our next pregnancy, so our next kiddos can be the same age too. :o)
Have a great rest of the weekend w/ the fam.

Kara said...

Wow...if you are going to have a dozen, you better get going on that. :) You and Chrys both are amazing and your boys are precious!

Chrys and Mike said...

well, you are seriously one of the best moms i know so i think you should have about a dozen.

thank you for being such a dear friend. you guys are very, very special to us. thank you for the way you love on my boys and challenge me to be a better momma to them.

love you.
chrys