Sunday, August 17, 2008

6 Flags According to O

It was Guys' Day. Joel and Clayton treated Jeremy and O to an afternoon at 6 Flags, and both my guys could hardly wait! Thrilling, toss-your-cookies rides, junk food, manly bonding...who can blame Owie for being way too excited to nap before time to head out. (Many thanks go out to Joel, who snapped a few photos along the way so I could live vicariously!) Since I wasn't along for the ride, Owie told me all about it as we viewed the pictures together:

O's very first ride at 6 Flags: the Mexican Hat. Coincidentally, my very first ride at 6 Flags when I was a middle schooler back in the ancient of days).

"It was called a hat train. See? I was laughing by-cuz it was so fun!"


This is when "I drived some tractors."

When questioned about the fairly odd looking fellow standing there, O commented: "He's just helping us go the right way when we started. I got to steer and push the pedal a little ways. What shoes did Daddy have on?"

Joel and Clayton in the car

"We weren't racing, but we were the winners. We went FAST! We got to the end before Clayton. We got to the front to be the winners."

No competitive nature in that kid at all, is there?

It seems that O rode the parachute ride, the very ride I have been far too terrified to even venture near, four, that's FOUR times. Wow.

"I wanted to ride on the red one."

So what is this ride like?

"There's a couch. See? Two peoples can ride. There's a black thing that's a belt seat."

O: "It goed high!"
me: "Are you kidding me?"
O: "I am kidding."

"A picture of going high. I wasn't scared! I'm super brave!"

Consuming a treat known only as a "pink thing," which is "pink popsicle ice cream. Daddy said, 'Just a couple more bites,' and I did. In the picture I am licking."

Clayton also performed a very memorable rain dance at this point. Owen is still talking about it and attempting a reenactment.

The Mine Train, just the Boys...in a seat...alone. Where has my Baby gone?

This is a "roller coaster! That's the one we ride by ourself. See? I am not crying? See?"

And then they rode the Judge Roy Scream. I almost had a heart attack! He's THREE for goodness' sake! Somehow, he had a blast! He did not get my "fearful of rides" gene, for sure!

"Clayton wasn't screaming, but I was. I was just screaming when I goed fast."
Jeremy said O has the "screaming from the thrill of it all" down pat.

Thanks so much, Joel and Clayton! My Guys had a great time!

1 comment:

cheryl said...

I love how you wrote this from his perspective!
Looks like they had a great time...what a brave boy you have there! :o)