Friday, September 26, 2008

This Is the Flu that Never Ends

It goes on and on, my friends.
Seriously.
Noah started us off last Monday, and although his bug has ebbed and flowed (literally!), he still has symptoms. In the meantime, all the rest of us have succumbed. And so the only thing I can do after a week and a half of scrubbing diarrhea out of the tub, off the carpet and the tile, out of clothes, all while trying to remain upright myself, is to focus on the positive.

5 benefits of having never-ending diarrhea plague our family:
1. Jeremy and I can both sing the Veggie Tales theme song from memory.
2. Our grocery and gas bills were amazingly low this week. Saltines and Sprite don't set you back nearly as much as meat and potatoes. And when you are too woozy to leave the house, the gas tank stays full!
3. Our floors/tub/clothes are very clean from such thorough scrubbing.
4. I read all 154 practically picture-free pages of The Boxcar Children aloud to my kids in 5 days. We loved every minute of it! Even Nosy!
5. I lost 5% of my body weight. Even The Biggest Loser would be proud.

Prayerfully this will soon be behind us, and we'll breeze through the rest of "sick season." We're just getting it all out of the way first thing!

3 comments:

cheryl said...

Oh my goodness!!! I'm so sorry. Thanks for your great attitude about it all! We've been talking in my women's Bible study about rejoicing in everything, and really making an effort NOT to grumble! It's harder than it seems some times.
I appreciate your sweet spirit.
Praying that you're all back to 100% VERY soon. You don't have 5% to lose girl.

Chrys and Mike said...

soooooo sad you guys are still sick. please let me know what i can do to help. b/c i'm happy to!

oh~ and i'm happy to give you 5%. anytime.

chrys

Erica said...

Are you all better??? Y'all have been sick for sooo long!!