Thursday, September 11, 2008

Creation Craftiness

I promise, promise not to bore you with every craft we do here at The House of Halpin. Seriously, you only see a fraction of them. But as we continue to study the 7 days of Creation, we have done a few super cute, blog-worthy crafts.

Day 3: God created trees bearing seeds after their own kind
We crafted acorns out of brightly colored tissue paper!
They were so easy and cute, each sporting their own real acorn cap.

As soon as they were dry, Owie ran them right in to the resident tree in the playroom, where he knew they would feel right at home. Funny Boy!

Today we did Day 5: God created fish in the seas

I found this fish bowl idea on a great website that is surely worth checking out!

We cut out and decorated our bowls, painted baggies blue for water, added "rocks" and rosemary sprigs to make the bowls feel homey.

Finally, we introduced a few fortunate goldfish crackers to their new abode.

They turned out so cute!

Tomorrow is Day 6: God created man. I have another really cute idea that I am sure I will bore you with as well. We'll see how it turns out...

4 comments:

Libby said...

So, so cute! You have inspired me (yet again) to include Bible lessons more deliberately into our lives. I have to say I am not naturally too structured! Thank you for your inspiration and contagious love of God.

Chrys and Mike said...

i can't wait to do fishbowls! yours turned out darling.

we got our goldfish today and we'll hopefully do them tomorrow.

great work, boys!

chrys

cheryl said...

Bore...are you kidding!?!? ;o)
Great ideas. They both turned out adorable, and I love that he wanted to put the acorns in the tree!

Colleen said...

i might have to steal this idea. It seems fun and I know my little dudes would love it!