Sunday, September 07, 2008

Man Cave

Evidently it is all the rage. I watch my fair share of House Hunters, so I'm in the know. Men these days seem to need a get-away, an escape from the rest of the house, a place of their own to decorate with manly paraphernalia, a chatter-free room in which to watch endless football and eat chips.

This will not be happening in The House of Halpin. We all happily share all areas of our home. However, I did find my Guys tucked away in a man cave of sorts this weekend.
Where are they exactly? Crunched up under the slide. After I had a great laugh, I examined what manly activity they were engaging in.

Preaching.
Yes, folks, preaching. Owie can preach an all-out sermon with the best of them. And he does it often and loudly. They took turns preaching heart-felt sermons all morning.

This is one man cave activity I will proudly support. And hey, if next time they want to throw a blanket over the slide and really "cave it up," that's great too, as long as they keep up this type of male bonding!

2 comments:

Chrys and Mike said...

i want to hear him preach! i've heard the marching band but i want to hear the preaching!

chrys

Deann Black said...

Around our house, we add all the pillows from every bed and couch to the mess:) Not my idea, but the boys stay in their spot for hours having fun boy time!