Saturday, June 12, 2010

Home-Going

I hate being at the hospital! After the c-section, I always feel great and bounce back so quickly. I am anxious to be in my own home with my family all together. With every delivery, my doctor has allowed me to go home after only two nights in the hospital. This time around, she cleared me to leave on Friday at the 48 hour post-op mark. However, Jonah was having a bit of trouble. He lost from his birth weight of 6 lbs, 8 oz down to 5 lbs, 15 oz in 36 hours. Silly Boy. He was just too sleepy to eat well. Plus, he was getting awfully jaundiced. The pediatrician asked that we stay one more night to monitor Jonah. We started supplementing him with pumped colostrum or formula after nursing and tried to keep him in the sunshine to help his jaundice. I was so, so sad not to be going home (I was really missing O and Nosy!), but we knew it was in Jonah's best interest to stay one more night.

Bright and early Saturday morning, the pedi cleared us to leave! Jonah had gained back up to 6 lbs, 2 oz and his jaundice was stabilizing. HOORAY!!! Once I had my staples removed, we were on our way.

The sweetest little old man face.

So excited to be heading HOME!

Snug as a bug

Welcome home, Baby Boy.

Little did Jonah know, but we had somewhere very important to be a little later in the afternoon. Cousin Elliot was celebrating his first birthday with all of his cousins. We couldn't stay away! So after resting for an hour, we loaded Jonah up and caught the end of Elliot's party.
Happy, happy birthday, Elliot! We love you!

We surprised O and Noah at the party. They were thrilled to see us and were amazed that Jonah got to come home with us. I think it is beginning to sink in that he gets to live with us forever. I can't keep them away from the bassinet! They are such doting big brothers and check on Jonah every chance they get.

No comments: