Friday, June 18, 2010

Gifts for Jonesy

Before we ever met Jonesy, we were getting ready for him. Each Big Brother carefully selected a welcoming gift for the baby, a gift that they were convinced Jonah would absolutely love. How my heart over-flowed with joy as I watched the Boys think and think about what Jonah would really like. They each chose gifts that were so representative of themselves and of their excitement to meet him.

Here they are presenting their super special presents to Jonesy.

While in Carter's one day, we found an exact miniature replica of Nosy's very favorite "coccer cirt" ever. I knew there were teeny tiny soccer shorts in the hand-me-down bin at home. Thus was born Noah's gift to Jonah. A perfect soccer outfit for a perfect new brother. Can you see Noah's extreme excitement at presenting his gift to Jonesy? Noah's most prized possessions are his "coccer cirts" and he wanted the baby to be able to have beloved soccer clothes too. Plus, he couldn't wait for them to be able to dress the same.


Owen and I had a date to Buy Buy Baby to pick out the perfect gift. At first it was really fun, wandering up and down all the aisles, discussing gift ideas, trying out all the toys. After about an hour of indecisiveness though, I was struggling to exercise patience. I had to keep reminding myself that Owen's pickiness was due to the fact that he wanted to pick out the exact perfect thing that Jonah would love. It really was sweet how thorough O was. In the end, Owen did find the exact perfect gift, and O's reasoning behind it and his joy in giving the gift made the endless hunting more than worth it!

A Leap Frog drum! This is why Owen picked this special gift: "I love to play the drums! And I love to play band with the whole family. Now Jonah can learn drumming from me and be in our band too. He has a drum just his size to play with me."

Oh, my precious, precious Boys. The gifts they chose say so much about their hearts.

No comments: