Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Happy, Happy Birthday, Baby

Baby delivery day: there is nothing like it.
The anticipation of meeting the miracle that has been growing inside for the last 36 weeks, the nervousness that he would be okay, the wonder that there is an actual living child about to take his first breath, the love and support of all the family and friends in the waiting room who were just as excited as we were. What an amazing day!

Erica took such wonderful step by step photos of Jonah's delivery, documenting every second. I will treasure these pictures forever!

Sweet music to my ears: the hollering of a newborn with a healthy set of lungs.

Dr. Hays cutting the cord.

Precious baby! Is that blondish hair I see? And the Halpin chin, for sure!

Jonah Cody Halpin
6 pounds, 8 ounces
20 inches
of miraculous perfection.
Every inch of him is fearfully and wonderfully made.

He has already mastered the pouty lips!

Darling Boy. I can't believe he is all mine! This baby that I longed for and prayed for with all my heart. We are so richly blessed.

I can't wait to get my hands on that baby!

Lots of loving from Aunt Erica.

Getting to know Daddy. He's a really cool guy.

That teensy tiny face is written on my heart already.

He is perfect in every way and oh, how I adore him.

Proud Daddy.

Getting to know every inch of Jonah.

I am so blessed to have Dr. Hays. We have been through so much together through the years.

So in love! I am one blessed Mommy!

Next up:
Introducing Jonah to his adoring fans.

5 comments:

Gigi said...

Those are beautiful pictures! I love getting to see them! Erica did a great job of capturing that beautiful little face and his beautiful happy Mom & Dad!

cheryl said...

Love how well you captured his first moments!

Deann Black said...

Erica did AWESOME:)

Chrys and Mike said...

Oh, I got so teary seeing these. There is just nothing in the world like meeting your baby! LOVE IT. Love you.

Chrys

Libby said...

Amazing photos and I just love how your love for him overflows!!! What a miracle he is!