Monday, March 16, 2009

Surprise for Daddy

I'm afraid my thumbs are black. Both of them. I envy my sweet friend's amazing garden and how she and her girls work the soil together and watch things grow, beautiful things. I know the Boys would love to dig in our flower bed and plant things, take care of little flowers. So we decided to surprise Daddy. First we weeded the entire flower bed. The Boys did such an impressive job digging up weeds, although quite a bit of top soil was discarded by the scoop full into our trash bag by silly Nosy. Then it was off to Lowe's to pick out flowers. It was unanimous! The Gerbera Daisies were our faves...and they were half price!

So now our pretty flowers are firmly planted and watered and loved. We check on them often. Owie keeps thinking he sees them growing before his very eyes. Maybe, if we keep this up, my kids' thumbs may turn even the slightest shade of green?

2 comments:

cheryl said...

So, so fun!!! Gerbera Daisies are my FAVE! :o)

Mel said...

I want so much to have a green thumb too, but mine are black as well! Your daisies look beautiful! We are growing wheatgrass inside right now, and it is going ok so far...we'll see how long it takes me to forget to water it...