Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Music Day

What a blustery, freezing cold week we have had around here! Not exactly ideal for the Arboretum playdate my BFF DeAnn and I had been so looking forward to. Change of plans! I had heard that Pottery Barn Kids was doing a free children's concert. Why not give it a try? So with fairly low expectations, we met our dear friends and settled in for the show.

We were blown away!

The artist was this guy, Mr Willy. He was wonderful! He easily engaged the kids and held their attention through his many goofy songs and stories. Noah thought he was so funny. O, in typical O fashion, thoughtfully observed through the whole concert with the occasional grin at me when something was especially hilarious.

My sweet friend, taking pictures of Grant's groove.


After the show.


Not that I had planned it this way, but it just so happened that I had checked a learning kit out from the library called "music and noise." So later on, the Boys and I explored our music goodies. We read books about music, jammed along to songs on tape, had fun with provided fingerplays, dragged out every musical instrument we own and played (as Nosy calls anything music these days) rock band...it was really more like marching band!


And later in the week, wouldn't you know? Mr. Willy held another free concert in our area. So I packed the kids up, and we hit that one too! The difference in O was amazing! This time he sang, he be-bopped, he laughed and laughed, he shouted out answers to silly questions. I guess he just had to thoroughly check out his Mr. Willy guy before he could let loose and really enjoy him.


What fun with music we had!

3 comments:

Deann Black said...

We will have to do this one again:)

cheryl said...

What a neat surprise! Sometimes I think I should go into a business like that when my kids are grown. How fun would it be to drag a guitar around singing silly songs for kids? ;o)
Glad you found some fun ways to stay busy this week! What crazy weather we've had.

Erica said...

That looks like so much fun!