Thursday, March 05, 2009

All Boy

When I was a little girl, picturing my far away grown-up family, my dreams had a certain theme: pink ruffles, ballet shoes, a dozen angelic, curly headed baby girls all lined up in a row sporting shiny black patent Mary Janes.

My life could not be farther from that little girl dream. My days are filled with sticky fingers, muddy shoes, sweaty bear hugs, basketball tournaments. My car and kitchen are decorated with big, big sticks, rocks that just could not be sacrificed to the creek quite yet, nubby flowers picked especially for me, snail shells and precious feathers.

God could not have been more good to me. Only He knew exactly what I needed. He knew that my version of a perfect day is spent tromping around a creek bank with my Boys, chunking in the treasures we have found along the way. I have never been happier than when two tiny sticky hands reach for mine to help them down the steep parts. Or when a roly poly is spied and little voices clamor for me to come share in their discovery. Or when we set off on a treasure hunt and come home lugging buckets full of sticks and rocks and acorns.

These days are the best days of my life. God knew. He knew just what I needed. How could I ever not trust Him to fill my every need?

After a great treasure hunt

4 comments:

Deann Black said...

So true...So true:)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful sweet post! I love those little men too!

cheryl said...

God IS so GOOD isn't He? What precious boys he's given a precious mama!

Erica said...

Awesome!! He does fill our every need doesn't He?? I can't imagine life without my sticky, sweaty, fun-loving, jumping, running and full of love BOYS!!! It doesn't get better than that!