Monday, March 16, 2009

In Training

I had no intentions of starting this any time soon, especially since we have a LONG road trip scheduled for this summer. But Nosy insisted. "Pee-pee on po-ey, Mommy! Rock band unnerpans!" (I found the cutest tiny underpants with guitars and drums on them. He loves them!)

So this is where we have spent quite a bit of time the last several days. He has done really well, both #1 and #2, with just a couple of accidents when he gets too busy. I think we are venturing out in underwear today. We'll see how that goes...I'm a little nervous.

The kiddo can eek out a teensy bit of urine on demand anytime, but only after checking, "Can-y, Mommy?" (candy) Just like with O, I let him pick out his incentive candy from the candy bins. After much thoughtful browsing, he settled on sour gummy worms. These things are about 5 inches long! Did he pick the hugest possible candy on purpose? After the kids were in bed last night, I cut each worm in half. No one even noticed today. Sneaky Mommy!

He's always so proud of himself! Owie and I dance around and sing the potty song and make such an obnoxious hoopla about it.

The Boys like to tell jokes around the potty. I guess that's potty humor? Noah's first ever made up joke:
"Why did the chi-en nu-et fall down?!" (chicken nugget)
Why, Nosy. Why?
"Bonk head!!!" Crazy laughter.
Owen has finally asked Noah to stop telling that joke because he is tired of it. I guess Nosy need new material!

So there's our potty training story. We'll see how it goes from here. I am so proud of you, No-nos!

2 comments:

cheryl said...

Yay Noah! We're so proud of you. It's all about the candy bribes. Tiny One still gets one for going #2. Whatever it takes man. ;o)

Deann Black said...

You sneeky little cutter upper:)