Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Arbo Days Are Here Again

After last week's horrible cold snap, we were more than ready to head to the Arboretum for some wonderful, outside fun. Our day was made even better by joining DeAnn and Company. What a gorgeous day!

Nosy snagged a quick power nap on the ride down.

I love these sweet brothers! Connor is demonstrating the art of capturing ladybugs.

Noah wants to take a peek!

The debut appearance of this year's Easter outfits. You will be seeing this ensemble quite a bit over the next month or so.

We were just moseying along when the people on the sidewalk parted to allow 5 or 6 golf carts to pass by. There was a buzz in the air and people started running by with cameras aimed. DeAnn could not contain her excitement when she realized what all the commotion was about. Laura Bush and her entourage stopped yards away from us to take a little walk. We snapped a few photos and then settled down for our picnic lunch while she and her security people walked around. On Mrs. Bush's way back to her golf cart, Connor waved at her and she smiled and waved right back at us! What a great celebrity sighting!!

Handsome Guy

Jumping off of a huge rock. Even though I only managed to frame half of his face, I LOVE this picture.

Connor loves Noah!

All five cuties

As I had mentioned awhile back, I have been wanting to make silhouettes of the Boys myself. I never got around to buying the materials and was pretty insecure about doing a good job. I am not very artsy. There was a booth set up at the Arbo: Silhouettes $5. Wow! I don't think I could have bought supplies for $10 to do it myself. So the Boys and I stood in a really long line in the really hot sun to have silhouettes made.

The Boys played so nicely with cars while we waited. I know they were hot and tired, but they behaved so well.


The end result. I am thrilled with them! I can't wait to mat and frame them to display!

2 comments:

cheryl said...

Fun fun!
Love the hands behind the head in the asleep in the car pic.
Also, the silhouettes turned out so great! What a fun blessing to find that.

Julianne said...

Those silhouettes are awesome! Ally & Maddie's teachers tried to do them at school and they did not turn out near as good as yours. I SO wish I had something like that to frame. Loved all of these pictures!