Friday, January 30, 2009

Upon Our Bulletin Board

I feel so much better about not keeping every piece of creative artwork my Boys make when I at least post pictures of their projects. That way, I can still look back at all the wonderful things they made without cluttering up my house! So here are a few masterpieces we have made in school lately:

We studied orderliness last week and thought of just a few of the many ways God brings order to our lives. One thing we thought of was how God orders our years by giving us months and seasons. We listed all the seasons and glued pictures of things we think of that go along with each season.

Next, we studied being servant-hearted, focusing on Galatians 5:13 "Serve one another in love." Talk about a HUGE concept to impress upon little people! We made tool belts for the Boys to wear, symbolizing that they were well-equipped to serve others with their God-given gifts. Not only were these fun to make, but they were such a fashion statement!


Another really fun project involved a very tickel-y process! We painted each other's feet and carefully made footprints on butcher paper. The making of the picture was a lot of fun, but the real lesson came afterwards when we took turns washing each other's feet in a tub of warm, soapy water. We talked about how Jesus, the ultimate Servant, humbled Himself and washed the feet of His disciples.

We have such a wonderful time in school, learning about God and His creation and about how He desires each of us to live. The projects we do are a lot of fun, but I pray that my Boys are beginning to grasp some of the character concepts that are behind the art work. I see many more days ahead, learning these same concepts on ever deeper levels.

4 comments:

cheryl said...

Precious and wonderful lessons! LOVE them all! We might have to borrow the tool belt idea. ;o)

Chrys and Mike said...

you're such a fabulous teacher, momma!

Deann Black said...

You are so good with the kids...I can only aspire to be like you, FRIEND!!

Anonymous said...

I so admire the wonderful things you are doing with your Boys.
I need to have a training session at the House of Halpin ;-)