Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Four Years Ago

Four years ago tonight, I was 29 weeks pregnant. I had just been wheeled back to my home away from home on the 3rd floor of the hospital after having spent the past 36 hours in Labor and Delivery...once again. Finally, after re-regulating the turb pump I wore in my leg at all times, the contractions and bleeding had slowed to a more manageable rate. And I had been given the okay to eat again! Eat I did, devouring my favorite Taco Bueno: two bean burritos and bean and cheese nachos. Hey, it had been awhile since I'd had any food!

Little did I know that I was to become a Mommy the very next day...the most memorable and miraculous day of my life.

5 comments:

Deann Black said...

OK if you continue posts like this...I will be crying all day:) Those are days I will never forget!LOVE YOU

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the Story of O.

Love O.

Happy birthday, Owen. You are such a miracle!

Chrys

cheryl said...

Wow! Such a miracle! Can't wait for you to go back and finish writing all the stories leading up to his birth.
Happy early birthday Owen. You're such a treasure.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it has been four years. What a great four years it has been. I love O so much.

Sandi said...

Can't wait to hear the rest! I didn't realize he was born so early. what a miracle!