Friday, January 23, 2009

Favored

With party time upon us, the Boys and I got down to business creating personalized favors to thank our guests for coming. After baking up a delicious storm, decorating time was finally here. I baked Suzanne's scrumptious sugar cookie recipe, which is just the perfect sweetness. To decorate the cookies, I wanted an icing glaze that would harden making stacking the cookies possible. I tried out a new recipe:
1 cup powdered sugar
4 tsp milk
1/4 tsp orange extract
1 Tbs corn syrup
food coloring
My resident taste-tester gave a thumbs up...as soon as he could get his fingers out of his mouth! I dripped quite a bit of icing on the counter during the process. No fear of dying the counter a myriad of colors though! Not with Owie around to scoop up those wayward drops!

Nosy is an excellent stirrer!

Each partier received a few initial cookies...

...plus a cute girl/boy cookie. These dinosaurs were my fave!

All packaged up and ready to take to the party.


3 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh, I love your personalized party favors! Great job on the cookies. I'm going to jot down that icing recipe. Looks like a good one! Happy Birthday O!

cheryl said...

They turned out super cute! Love the bright colors.

Anonymous said...

those awesome party favors gave me lots of leverage at mealtime for a few days. :) the dinosaur was my favorite but the TRUCK was o's fav. :)

chrys