Saturday, February 14, 2009

Salt Dough Experiment

Valentine's Day is upon us once again. When I saw this recipe for salt dough, I thought it would be fun to give it a try...and just the thing for Valentine's crafts.

2 cups flour
1/2 cup salt
3/4 cup hot water
Mix together all the ingredients. After cutting out the shapes, microwave for 2-4 minutes.

We mixed up a batch together...

...and then rolled and rolled and rolled it out.

After starting only one teensy fire (that O just will not let me forget! He asks to see this picture over and over.),

we had some beautiful picture frames and decorations.

We let them cool thoroughly and then decorated them with tempra paints.


Poor Noah did not learn a thing from his dog biscuit-tasting experience. He could not resist a teeny tiny taste of what looked to him to be a delicious cookie.

Once again, he was sorely disappointed. The look on his face cracks me up! He was so offended.

But he soon got over it and moved on to painting his hearts.


The hearts Noah painted were filled with a snapshot of the Boys. We framed an original piece of Owen's artwork in the ones Owie painted.

Presenting Yaya with her gift. Of course, she loved them! (I didn't have my camera around when we gifted Gigi and Papa, but they loved them too.)

What an easy craft that does not (for once) involve something to eat (unless your name is Noah!). My thighs can attest to the fact that we have been doing way too much cookie baking lately!

2 comments:

Deann Black said...

We are going to have to steal this one from you:) I can't believe you fed poor Noah yucky cookies...that cracks me up!

cheryl said...

How fun! Love Noah's face. What a silly boy. :o)