Monday, February 09, 2009

Bundleweed, Naks, and Other Amusements

O has the cutest little matching puppies. They were played with for awhile and then laid aside for several months. They have recently reemerged as some of O's closest buddies.
After nap the other day, O announced that he had finally named these guys.
"Their name is Bundleweed, Mommy...by-cuz it rhymes with tumbleweed."
Okay. Makes perfect sense.
"Oh! And they share a name by-cuz they are just the same. They only need one name."

As part of our school day each morning, O graphs the day's weather. One morning was particularly foggy. "That's so amazing for God to make a foggy day for us!"

As I was sitting on the couch for a breather one morning, Nosy bulldozed his way up into my lap. "Mama, yap, pees. Hold me. Feed me naks." All said with adamant authority.
(Mama, lap, please. Hold me. Feed me snacks.)
The little Guy, both hands filled with toys, wanted me to hold him while filling his mouth with snacks. Of course, I lovingly obliged. It takes a strong person to deny Nosy's big brown eyes!

This morning, I snuck away to check my e-mail. Both Boys were playing soccer in the living room. I heard O say with exertion in his voice, "I try to knock you down, Noah, but you are very strong."

While baking with O during Nosy's nap I said, "I sure like spending time with you, Owie."
His response: "I like spending time with you too, Mommy. And I like spending time with myself!"

I cherish my life with these funny little men!

2 comments:

cheryl said...

Those are all so great! I love their reasoning behind what they say/ do sometimes. ;o)

Deann Black said...

I see "time out" in the boys future very soon...love the comment about knocking Noah down:)...P.S. my book has been shipped!