Thursday, February 19, 2009

Phonics

I am loving it!!
Owie has reached such a fun stage, a stage I have been waiting for. It is here and it is so much fun!

He finally is enjoying writing things for himself. If we are not occupied with something in particular, he is probably curled up in a chair with a pencil and a pad of paper...spelling things. That is the part I love. The spelling. Watching him sound out words for himself phonetically and writing them down. Capital letters and lowercase all mixed in together. Words wrapping around to the next line. And the part I really love? His great excitement over his accomplishments. He brings me a stack (We go through so much paper...) of his "work" as he calls it and watches me as I flip through, exclaiming over every word. He absolutely beams from the inside out.

Love it!

My fave from today:
TooZD
a
"Tuesday"

No comments: