Monday, July 06, 2009

Breck Day 4: Breckenridge Fun Park

More Colorado outings for the Halpins! We wanted to see a bit of what Breckenridge had to offer, especially during its off season. We were not disappointed in the least!

We headed to Breckenridge Fun Park to check it out.

The first thing that caught our eye was the Alpine Slide: four tracks of twisty-turny funness that we could hardly wait to try out!

To get to the top of the slide, we were required to ride a real life ski lift. If I was nervous boarding the safe, enclosed gondola with the Boys, imagine how anxious I was about jumping on this rickety thing that a squirmy kiddo could slip right off of!

Surprisingly, we all survived...and even really enjoyed it! The weather was perfect and crisp, the view was breath-taking, and it was really fun to spend some time with O (for me) and Nosy (for Jeremy) one on one during the ride.

Oh how I wish I had pics of us zooming down that slide! We each settled a boy in our laps in our little sled, equipped only with a hand brake, and away we flew. Owie and I screamed the whole way down. It was amazing!!

Next stop: life-sized maze. Who knew that Jeremy's life-long dream was to make his way through a humongo maze? Well, Honey, who am I to stand in the way of your dream? Maze, prepare to be defeated by the Halpins!

Jermey living the dream.
And we emerged about 90 seconds later. It was not exactly all we had hoped for. My quest now is to find a maze that will actually challenge Jeremy a little.

We could not stay away from that slide! Even at $12 per adult (Yikes! At least the kids were free!), we were pulled back in for another go. This time, we swapped kiddos for some snuggle time on the ski lift.


Jeremy and I raced each other down the slide this time. Let me tell you, going full throttle was even more exhilarating! I am hardly one to boast about winning the race. No, I'll not even mention my astounding first place finish. I can't help it that Jeremy got stuck behind an extremely timid woman and rode her bumper most of the way down.

Both boys were BEGGING us to play putt-putt. How could we say no? This is vacation, after all.
They could hardly wait to get started!

O, with a carefully selected green ball, was a natural!

Jeremy struck his Tiger Woods pose after every single hole. So handsome, my Husband.

Nosy actually made a genuine hole in one!! Way to go, Nose! He was so excited and talked about it the rest of the trip. I think that really stands out as one of his highlights from the whole vaca.

What a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Deann Black said...

Looks like ya'll had a lot of fun. I still remember riding an alpine slide when I was little...you're making fun memories!