Friday, July 03, 2009

Breck: Day 1

After the home stretch of our drive, we finally arrived in Breckenridge around 3pm.

The house we were staying in was AMAZING!! Two master suites, a sauna, hot tub, professional kitchen, gorgeous mountain views, wrap-around deck. It was decorated with taste and was so comfortable to relax in. The kids were thrilled to find a pool table and air hockey table down in the basement. My cousins Libby and Carl could not have picked a better home away from home for our crew.
After we had thoroughly explored the house, I set to work, with the help of my dinner team, to prepare grilled pizzas for all 31 family members attending this year's CuzFest. (Each night, there is a different team that plans the menu, cooks, serves and cleans up. You work really hard that one night, but the rest of the evenings are for relaxing.)

Here are the only other pics I took on Friday (and one donated to me by my cousin). For some reason, I did not get as many photos this year. I guess I was too busy enjoying the surroundings and my family!)

The pizzas were delicious...and so easy. We grilled pre-made whole grain pizza dough from Whole Foods until it was nice and puffy, topped the personal pizzas with zillions of tasty toppings, then threw them back on the grill just until the cheese melted. Scrumptious!

Nicholas devoured his!

Darling Ava. That's a lot of pizza for one tiny girl!

No comments: