Sunday, July 05, 2009

Breck Day 3: Sky High

Sunday morning dawned crisp and cool and gorgeous. Jeremy was struck with the perfect plan for our morning: ride the gondola in Keystone, and, if we discovered any snow, try out tubing! On a day like this, the view was sure to be stunning!

I was a little nervous getting everyone aboard the gondola (as it sweeps by, you step on and the doors close behind you), but once we were seated, the enjoyment began. The view was breath-taking! The Boys were amazed at being up so high with nothing below us except for the LONG drop to the snowy ground.

Look what we found when we stepped off the gondola! Even Owie, who has seen snow a few times before, was unsure about this cold, white matter.

Daddy picked out the two very best tubes. Can you tell O is r-e-a-d-y?!

And they're off! I was so nervous for O. The drop was super steep!

I love this pic of Father and Son.

Noah wondering what exactly his crazy big brother is up to.

Noah was just a tad too short to tube. No matter. He had a grand ol' time exploring the snow. I don't think he has experienced it since he was too tiny to remember.

He mastered the art of throwing snowballs pretty quickly! Better watch out!

Owen had the time of his life! He just kept going over and over again. Daddy took him mostly, but a couple of times, I was his tubing compadre. In this picture, I am sure to be screaming my head off. It was scary!! The drop was so steep. As I was working up to a pretty good panic, I heard O's gleeful little voice: "It's not scary, Mommy. This is awesome! It may seem a little fast and scary, but it really is fun. And it's over really fast." I can just hear Jeremy reassuring our Boy with those same words on O's first time flying down that hill. He was just repeating them to comfort me. Love him.

Did you notice our snowman? Our gray, pitiful, mound of a snowman? The Boys wanted to build one so badly, but our hands were freezing! This was the best we could do. They seemed satisfied.

Relaxing.

Keystone


What a great adventure and surely one of our favorite vaca memories!

1 comment:

Deann Black said...

That looks like so much fun...what happy memories!