Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It Was Bound to Happen Eventually...

Sporting dashing new haircuts, we headed to Firewheeel to run a few errands, snap a few pics and run off some afternoon energy.

So handsome.

Owen demonstrating his great balance.

The sweet guy paused in his laps around the fountain to pose for me:


And then he took one teensy mis-step to the left and...

SPLASH!
Seriously. He was swimming, completely submerged. I practically had to dive in the water myself to fish him out. Poor O. Poor sopping wet, pitiful, freezing cold Boy.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i still can't believe he fell in! bless his heart. that last pic is so great--pathetic and hilarious all at once.

their new haircuts are darling, btw. such beautiful boys.

chrys

Anonymous said...

oh! poor owen! He looks positively pitiful - like Tigger un-bounced!

They look precious though :-)

cheryl said...

Oh no! I'm always afraid of that happening.
I agree w/ how wonderful that last picture captures the moment after.
I also think I have a pretty good picture of what went on between the posing for the pic and the sopping wet one. I can just see you diving for him.

Erica said...

So funny.....but not!!! Poor Owen!! I can just picture it!

Kara said...

Oh...poor guy! He must have been so cold. I have to admit that I laughed out loud at that last picture though. :) I bet he learned a valuable lesson about looking before you leap...or step!

Sarah said...

OH NO!!! I seriously can't believe that he fell in. Poor buddy.

Deann Black said...

That last pic just breaks my heart...he is so darn cute!!!

Erica said...

laughing...still!

MichaelandJaclynn said...

Too funny!! Your boys are adorable :)