Friday, November 28, 2008

Decking the Halls

It's the Friday after Thanksgiving, and although we are all exhausted from saving so much money on our early morning shopping adventure, there are decorations to disperse! We ordered a hot, bubbly, ooey-gooey pizza to nourish ourselves and got down to the joy of decorating!

Hanging the stockings by the chimney with care.

I just love our photo stocking holders which display a picture of each of us around the time of our very first Christmas. (side note: Since I am back-blogging this, I must sadly confess that TWO of them have bit the dust due to a certain eager toddler yanking on the stockings.)

My favorite part of decorating is reliving the special memories that each ornament holds. Every one of our ornaments has a significant story, so reminiscing is a must. O loved hearing the stories from when we were growing up, as well as finding his special ornaments from years past. Nosy was thrilled that so many ornaments had ball themes! He named each type of ball before carefully hanging it on the tree.

Our lovely Christmas tree in all its glory.

Owie is privileged to have this tiny tree in his very own room! This sweet tree is so special to me, and there could be no more perfect place for it than in Owie's room. Jeremy's parents brought me this tree to cheer up my hospital room when I was pregnant with O and had to spend Christmas Day flat on my back in bed. Even though I was super sick and so sad to be away from home on Christmas, it was comforting to watch the lights on my tiny tree.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwww, i love the story of his little tree!!! made me cry!

chrys