Friday, November 28, 2008

The Hammer's Out of the Bag

This crazy, crazy kiddo. How he makes me chuckle.

O and I went on a much-anticipated "date" to Lowe's. O could hardly wait. "Just you and me, Mommy? We are going on a date without No-nos, right?" It was late. I was worn out. I wanted to put it off, but we are working on letting our "Yes" be "Yes," and our "No" be "No," (Mt 5:37) so off we trucked to Lowe's. Our mission: to buy Daddy a "man hammer" for his stocking. (What exactly is a "man hammer"? I am still not sure, but according to number 5 on Jeremy's Christmas list, every true man requires one.)

We ever-so-carefully selected the absolute perfect hammer for Daddy, after trying every single one Lowe's carries (and Mommy's patience). It really is a great hammer. We thoroughly discussed the high level of secrecy involved in Christmas shopping, and I was assured by one innocent looking Boy that he would never tell.

But what did I hear transpire last night, as O jumped from foot to foot, grinning from ear to ear? "Daddy! I am doing such a great job not telling you about the hammer we bought for your stocking. The one we got at Lowe's. On our date. I haven't even told you it once!" He received a huge congratulatory hug from one proud Daddy. And how could I even begin to be irritated at such sweetness? So Daddy knows about the hammer. O is thrilled that he is keeping his secret so well.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS! i'm still giggling. the pic is priceless, too.

he'd be much safer at our house where i've hardly done any shopping. :)

chrys

Anonymous said...

I love that story! O is a precious little boy.

Deann Black said...

That was good for a great morning laugh!

cheryl said...

That made me chuckle out loud. Silly O, that's just priceless. ;o)

Kara said...

So so funny! We still give my brother a hard time about "Mom...I'm not going to tell you what we got you, but it rings and you answer it!" :)

Libby said...

Oh the innocence of that boy! What a precious soul.

MichaelandJaclynn said...

That is so funny!!