Friday, November 21, 2008

The Island of Kentucky, Lofty Aspirations, Etc.

Owie,
only two more super fast months until you turn FOUR. No matter how you say it, four seems BIG. There is nothing toddler about four at all. You have shown me this month that you are growing up quickly, by your actions and the funny things you say. You are growing up fast and wonderfully. I am so proud of you!

Here are some of the things you say that keep me laughing all day long:
Every morning you greet me with, "Is it Thanksgiving today?!" I can't even imagine how excited you'll be counting down to Christmas this year.

We found a huge mound of solidified concrete in the field where we explore. Without missing a beat, you yelled, "This is the Island of Kentucky!" Crazy. If we have ever mentioned Kentucky, it has been awhile.

We were building with blocks in the playroom. You announced that you were creating a brand new Chuck E. Cheese. I praised you for being such a great builder. "I am only a good builder on Mondays and Tuesdays, Mommy."

As for those lofty aspirations:
As we were driving past a cow pasture, you declared you wanted to be a "barner" when you grow up. "A 'barner?'" I questioned. "You know, the guy who takes care of the cows and horses in the barn. A 'barner.'" "Oh, sure. Okay, Owie."

Very shortly after that, you decided you want to be a "Bell Guy" when you grow up, as in the guy who rings the Salvation Army bell outside of Walmart. A very worthy cause, my Dear, but maybe not a life-long goal. "I think I will be a Bell Guy for next Halloween then...or maybe a tree." You crack me up, O!

After a run-in with No-nos:
"That makes me have a goose bump. When Noah hurt me. It made me have a goose bump."

Daddy and I are so proud of you , Owen. You are really showing signs of maturity, such as putting Noah above yourself (most of the time) and helping me without being asked. Your manners are coming along nicely, and I am so pleased with how you are being trained to obey cheerfully the first time. You are an amazing kid, O, and we are both so blessed to be entrusted with you for a little while. Love you, Son.

5 comments:

cheryl said...

He looks SO BIG in that first pic.
What a cutie pie!
I know I'm always saying this, but what a sweet post, about your precious boy. Love the funny sayings.

Anonymous said...

What a precious boy! I love him so much.

Anonymous said...

he IS mature! such a dear, tender hearted boy. we love you, owie!

chrys

Erica said...

I love the first picture of him. So cute! I can't believe it has been almost four years since he was born. It seems like yesterday....

Deann Black said...

It is so hard to believe that O and my boys are almost 4. What a cutie pie! Happy Thanksgiving...miss you!