Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Personality

Dear, precious Boys. You are my two most favorite kids in the whole world. God chose you for us and us for you on purpose, and we are so blessed beyond measure that He did. You are the lights of my life. I delight in your extreme differences. Here's a bit about each of you:


Owie, you are heart of my heart. You are my kindred spirit. We are so much the same that it scares me sometimes. Inside my gut, I feel what you are feeling. I know how you will react before it even happens. When you are giddy with joy over a new discovery, I can be found dancing beside you, basking in the wonder of it all. But when something new or scary comes along, we both want to run and hide. When I was dropping you off at the new nursery this spring, I had the same trembly, nervous twiterpations in my tummy, sweaty palms, please don't make me go feelings that you did. I wanted to go back home too. But we both trusted God and plowed through the fear. How proud of you I am, especially since I know exactly how hard it was for you to be brave. We are so much the same that I recognize when you are feeling too big for your britches or are attempting a new manipulative strategy. I remember trying out those same exact tones and facial expressions on my parents back in the day. Your heart is most sensitive, especially to the promptings of the Holy Spirit. May that sensitivity never be dulled by distraction, as mine has been at different times in my life. I so see myself in you, just as Gramps saw himself in me. How many times did I hear him say to me, "Rae, let your light shine. Let people know you. I wish I had done that more when I was growing up." And now I have the exact same sentiments as my Dad did. O, you are awesome, fearfully and wonderfully made. You are my treasure. I am so blessed to get the chance to love you. Let your light shine, O, your huge, sensitive, beautiful light.




Nosy-Posy. Just your name makes me grin and shake my head. You, my Son, are exactly nothing like your quiet, reserved Mommy and Daddy. You are huger than life, bubbling over with joy and personality. I am sure you are the cause of many a grey hair (hidden strategically under my highlights), but you are also the source of more belly laughs than I have ever had. Each day is an adventure with you. New quirks to uncover, new fits to decipher, new foods to dodge as they are tossed at me from the highchair. Your complete zest for life is something to strive for in my own life. You do everything 100%, whether it is throwing your self to the ground in protest or laughing uproariously at O's antics. You are the most loving Guy I have encountered, hugging us to within an inch of our lives, planting juicy baby kisses all over our faces, running at us from across the room just to slam into our legs with one last hug. You are fiercely loyal, whether that be to your "ball of the day" or to your favorite Mommy. You will not be separated from your loves at any cost. You are my sunshine, No-nos. Loving you has taken me to higher highs than I knew existed. You have already been an example to me in the way you live your sweet baby life. May I love you well, sweet Noah.

Holy Father, give Jeremy and me the wisdom to parent these two precious lives, so different, so wonderful. Give us the grace to raise them well. Thank You for entrusting them to us.

No comments: