Sunday, April 27, 2008

Grief

So much sadness in our circle this past week. Two dear friends lost precious babies to miscarriage: one was still so tee tiny; the other far too close to being in his mother's arms. The loss of sweet lives that were yet to even be known by their eagerly expecting families. Such grief. My heart is so heavy. And then another friend, a missionary, received the devastating news that her 9 month old son has cancer. Such sweet innocence with cancer?! Oh, Father! How can this be?


And yet I trust my God is sovereign, and He is perfect love. I do not need answers. I just need to trust who He is.

Psalm 18:30
"As for God, his way is perfect;
the word of the LORD is flawless.
He is a shield for all who take refuge in him."


And so today, like every other day, I sang one of my favorite songs wholeheartedly, even more aware of its truth.
"Blessed be the name of the Lord...
You give and take away...
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be your Name."


Father, comfort your children. Assure them of Your love and presence in this valley of the shadow. Shower your peace upon their hurting hearts.

No comments: