Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Birthday Ba-cation

My 32nd (Seriously?! Am I already 32?!) birthday was on Sunday. My sweet family has been celebrating since last Friday, and the partying will continue until next Sunday! I'm having a blast!

Friday night, we gathered at my parent's house to celebrate both my Mom and me with my fave OTB. Jeremy indulged my insatiable desire for queso, and Mom and Dad pleased my sweet tooth with another fave, carrot cake from Central Market. Yummo!

At some point during the evening, Yaya and O slipped outside and secretly snipped a few sweet flowers to cheer my kitchen table. Owie was so proud to present me with such a wonderful gift.

Saturday night, Gigi and Papa offered to stay with the Boys so we could go on a date. A WHAT? A date? Actual alone time with my darling husband? How fun!

Here we are all dolled up.

As we were walking out the door after hugs and kisses with the Boys, we heard a tiny send-off from O: "Bye! I hope you enjoy your ba-cation!" Oh, he sounds way too grown up!

We had so much fun walking around the Shops at Legacy, listening to the live bands and watching the street artists. I have a weird interest in prom-goers (always have since way back when my parents would park in the high school parking lot on prom night so we could gawk at all the finery), and it just happened to be prom night! We were surrounded by giggling teens in way too skimpy dresses. We ate delish pizza at Fireside Pies and had such a romantic time. Being back home by 9:30 for a tub of ice cream and a comedy in our own bed finished off a perfect evening.

Sunday, my actual B-day, was crazy-busy with church, a luncheon afterwards, and Awana's that night. No time for celebrating, but we made up for it on Monday! Jeremy took the day off to play with me and the kids...and play we did! After a relaxed morning at home, we picnicked at Founders Park and then stopped at Sonic for cold yummy drinks on the way home. One of my favorite gifts: J did the Walmart shopping while the Boys napped so I could work out!



Tuesday night, the girls on the Halpin side took me to P.F. Changs for such a wonderful dinner! We chased down way too much Chinese food with mini desserts in shot glasses. What a fun night out with the girls! (I so wish I'd taken my camera and gotten a pic!)


I feel thoroughly celebrated and so completely blessed to be surrounded by the amazing people God has placed in my life. He is so good to me! (Anyone want to bet on how much weight I have gained with all this indulgence? B-days are bad for the figure!)

4 comments:

cheryl said...

How fun!!! Happy birthday! You don't look a day over 25. ;o)

Chrys and Mike said...

oh, i'm so glad you feel so loved and celebrated! you are!!!

chrys

Anonymous said...

You are even more beautiful than when I met you 14 years ago. That can hardly be right. Your three men and your beautiful spirit make you positively radiant. So glad you had a wonderful time celebrating!
l, b

Libby said...

Happy belated birthday! I am so happy to hear that you are being showered with love and celebration! Best wishes from all of us in Oregon!

Carl, Libby, Henry and Ava