Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Mr. Manners

So here's my O, all sweetness and innocence and obedience, right? Most of the time, I would fully agree. But something has changed dramatically in my little guy's head! To put it nicely, he can become quite argumentative from time to time. I know it is part of him growing up and establishing his own identity, but it can be quite grating after a day full of Owie opinions that don't coincide with Mommy opinions. The funny thing about O is how ingrained his manners are. I guess when I taught the manners lesson, he really soaked it up! Here are a few of O's most frequently used arguments:
"No thank you, I will not eat my supper!"
"Yes, Ma'am! I will go outside!"
"No Ma'am! I do not want to put my shoes on!"
Without fail, even in a heated argument, Owie's perfect manners shine through. It's good for a private chuckle in the midst of a frustrating day!

2 comments:

Chrys and Mike said...

That is hilarious! You've taught him well.

He looks like such a big boy in that last pic!

Chrys

The Beautiful Cagle Family said...

Clever, VERY clever!