Sunday, September 02, 2007

"God's Baby"

"'I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.'"
I Samuel 21:27-28
These are the Bible verses O and I learned about all last week in preparation for our Sunday celebration. Both Boys were dedicated to the Lord on Sunday at The Springs. Due to churchial circumstances, O is unusually old to just now be dedicated. What is wonderful about that fact is that I could explain to him the reasoning behind the ceremony. After being schooled on the meaning of Baby Dedication all week, O summed it up very well. Listen in on our conversation.
Me: "What are we telling our friends at church on Sunday, O?"
O: "Owie is GOD'S BABY!"
(Tears in Mommy's eyes! What profoundness comes out of his tiny mouth! It is so awesome to me that he can grasp, to a certain extent, what is going on!)
Me: "Yes! Daddy and I love you and Noah so much and are so thankful that God let you come live in our family, but you are really God's baby."
O: "Noah is God's baby too!"
Me: "He sure is! We are showing everyone at church that we know you are God's babies and we promise to tell you and Noah all about Him and how much He loves you."


No comments: