Saturday, September 08, 2007

Devotion

Owie and I have been reading a great devotional book for preschoolers that Uncle Joel gave us on Dedication Day as part of our morning routine. Yesterday, I called O into the playroom for devotional time. "Devotal?" he queried. "Yes, devotional time." "What's that?" "That is when we read our Bible and pray and sing songs about Jesus together." "OH! Play time with Jesus. Okay," he said, with a completely matter-of-fact tone, like Jesus could just drop over for a play date. He settled right down on my lap for a good time with Jesus, asking for more stories after we'd done the one allotted for the day. What amazing truths God has taught me through the raising of this tiny boy with a great big heart that already longs after the things of God. He loves to spend time reading the Word and worshipping God already, always thirsting for more. May I be so passionate!

No comments: